Thursday, February 02, 2006

My design thoughts have changed...

After a brief interview with someone who is partially sighted last night I finally came to find what our device idea had been lacking which I just couldnt see that was needed (but I knew something was missing...)

My previous design ideas lacked the ability to give the user ground shape and depth perception which is absolutley necessary. After a few more queries I found that the device would need to be used in tandem with a walking stick but not be part of the stick, my current idea is a device that is strapped to the wrist using velcro. More on this idea will follow from me and Mark.

Also, we took some pictures and recorded the audio of the interview which is available here (but please be gentle as that webserver is connected to a cable modem!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home